I tried another recipe from my Martha Stewart Cookie Cookbook. I am so glad I bought this cookbook. I tried the Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. These were really, really good. I sent a whole plate full to work with my husband because I could not stop eating them.
I posted the recipe just like it is listed. The only thing I did different was that I did not use the parchment paper. They may have looked prettier if I had, but I do not use parchment paper very much. It seems like a waste to me on most things. Enjoy!
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.