I have been trying out different granola recipes over the last few months. I think we now have a new favorite. The original recipe came from allrecipes but I tweaked it a little. You can really change this recipe around to your tastes. Add raisins or other nuts, dates, or coconut. I even think some peanut butter would be good. I hope you enjoy
Peanut Honey Granola
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons of flax seed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, peanuts, wheat germ, flax seed, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey, brown sugar, vegetable oil, water, salt, and vanilla. Stir well; then pour into the oat mixture, and stir. Spread out on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool before serving.