In my quest to cook a little healthier I am trying to find desserts that are at least a little better for us. I found a recipe on allrecipes that I liked for applesauce bread but I changed it up a little for our tastes. I used part whole wheat flour and next time I think I am going to use 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 regular white flour. The original recipe calls for all regular white flour. This would also be good with nuts but since my kids don’t really like nuts I did not put any in.
- 1 1/4 cups applesauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, sugar, oil, eggs and milk; beat well. Sift in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; stir until smooth. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.