This is a recipe for a quick and easy pasta dish. This takes 30 minutes or less to cook. It is a great recipe to use for dinner if you have had a busy day.
I prefer to use recipes like this to using a jar of spagetti sauce. I do occasionally use the jarred sauce in some things but when a recipe is this easy and this tasty, I don’t see why I should serve a jar of sauce over noodles to my family. But that is just me. If you like the jarred sauces go ahead and serve them.
I usually serve it with bread and a salad.
This makes quite a bit. It will last us two meals, so if you are cooking for a small family you may want to half the recipe.
Pasta With Easy Meat Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound fettuccine or spaghetti noodles
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- Heat butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium. Stir in carrot, onion, and garlic. Add ground beef, and cook until it turns from pink to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their liquid.
- Stir in milk and thyme 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine or spaghetti according to package instructions. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the cooking water; drain pasta and return to the warm pot.
- Add meat sauce, and toss. Add pasta water as needed if the sauce seems dry.
- To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan.
-I had some mushrooms that needed to be used so I put some of those in also.