Chocolate Toffee Pecan Cookies

I have been experimenting with my favorite cookie recipe. I wanted to try to make a cookie that had chocolate and toffee in it because I love that combination. I tried a few things and I finally came up with a really good version of a Chocolate Toffee Pecan Cookie.

These cookies are so good. I sent a plate full of them to work with my husband and everyone loved them. I also served them to some friends last week and they all liked them. I had trouble not eating them, they are so good. If you like chocolate and toffee give these a try.

These cookies are large cookies. They are made to be like a cookie you would be in a coffee shop or bakery. I have tried making them smaller and it changes the texture. You want these large.

Comments

1. These looks great! I’ve printed off the recipe and can’t wait to try them! :)

2. Donna @ The Frugal Mom Blog says:

As soon as I saw the word cookie, I clicked on your link. I love cookies and can’t wait to try this recipe out! This week I am going to be baking some Oatmeal Raisin and Peanut Butter cookies and will be sharing my recipe favorites! Thanks again and have a great day!

3. Thanks, Lynn! I love cookies and I love toffee! I’m diabetic and can’t have it really, but I still love to bake for my family…okay, and I’ll eat ONE cookie from every batch… 😉

4. Wow, this looks fabulous. I printed it off for my daughter!!

5. Penless Thoughts says:

These look yummy. I’ll have to give those a try…..not right now though because I’m on a loosing weight journey and these certainly would not help and would be WAY too much temptation for me.
    Susan

I can’t wait to make these. I have been craving chocolate chip cookies, lately. This sounds great, and believe it or not, I have a bag of toffee bits in the pantry. Yeah me!! Thanks for sharing your well crafted and tested recipe. Love the idea of the “BIG” cookie. I am so glad you participate in TMTT!

7. Oh my goodness those looks so delicious! I wish I wasn’t still tyring to lose baby weight:)!

8. My hubs loves all things toffee so I will have to make these for him as a surprise.

9. amysfinerthings says:

Oh my! Thanks for sharing — I’m bookmarking this page!

10. How many cookies does this make? I want to make enough the first time in case I’m not in the mood to share very many…..

11. It makes about 15 large cookies. I use my ice cream scoop to scoop these. I guess I should have mentioned that. It is a little over 1/4 cup. But I think around 15 is what I get. I do usually double it because I give them away or freeze them.

12. These sound so yummy! Thanks for sharing this. Thanks for visiting my blog too :)

13. I LOVE cookies and need to make some for a shower this week… guess what just went on my shopping list… toffee!

14. A happy heart at home says:

Mmmm! Those look great! Thanks for the recipe.

~Susan

15. Pennies In My Pocket says:

The clouds just parted, rays of sunshine came down and the angels are singing … this looks and sounds devine!! I love anything and everything that has chocolate, toffee and pecans in it!!!

~melody~

16. Julie Stiles Mills says:

You should post this on the Mr. Linky for “Would You Like Chocolate With That?” It appears every Friday on “Stop and Smell the Chocolate”

If you can’t find it, my chocolate post this week (chocolate cake conniption) contains a link to it.

17. Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates says:

Thanks for linking up! This recipe sounds so yummy – I love that combination. And yay for big cookies!

18. jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas says:

MMmmmmmmmm, what a great combination!! Will have to make these!

19. Made cookies, the entire family loved. I doubled the recipe, only changes I made was to substitute it for half whole wheat flour. Still came out yummy!!! Thank you Lynn

20. Lynn – I have a quesion about these cookies. Could you shoot me an e0mail telling me just exactly what you’re using as “English Toffee Bits”. Is this something yo buy? or something you break up from something bigger. Where do you get it?
    I love your blog, and read it every day……….
    Thanks heaps