Antique Jars and Bottles

I love old jars and bottles. I have been collecting them for awhile. I have a few of my favorite ones on display in my kitchen. I picked a few out to show you today. I have collected most of the ones I have at garage sales, but a few have been given to me by friends.

The little green Squirt pop bottle is my favorite of my whole collection. I love it. My mom had it for years and then she gave it to me. Part of why of love it so much is because it is my dad’s favorite pop. It is supposed to be used as a salt shaker, but it is to “nice” to be used for that. I just keep it on display.

I like what it says on the back, be healthy, be happy, drink squirt. I am not sure pop should be considered healthy but maybe years ago it was.

For more antique things see Antique Thingies Thursday and Show and Tell Friday.

1. Jewelgirl says:

I like the green bottle also! Was
    Squirt a 1960’s soda? There was so many different sodas to choose from years ago!

2. Thanks for sharing this! I also love old bottles and jars. I love old canning jars and brown glass. They don’t have to be particularly special, but I love some of the interesting shapes!!

3. Squirt pop is still available in some parts of the country. I think it is still available on the west coast. At least it was a few years ago. We drank it in the 70’s and 80’s when I was growing up.

4. Overwhelmed! says:

Very cool bottles!

I’m stopping by to let you know that I’m hosting the “Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style” recipe exchange again this year, coming up this Friday. I hope you can join me and if you’re willing to help me spread the news, I’m offering a giveaway as well!

5. marianedwardsdreamweaver says:

i love old jars & bottles and i especially love yours with the lids, verrry nice :)

6. Penless Thoughts says:

I love the antique jars & bottles, too. I use my jars to store items in on top of my frig; like noodles, oatmeal, etc.

7. I’m a huge fan of old jars and bottles, too. Thanks for sharing!

8. Elizabeth says:

I love old glass bottles/jars. That Squirt is a great one, especially because of the family connection.

9. My mom has a few of those blue Bell canning jars. Apparently they are/can be worth something. Anyway, I think they’re awesome looking.

10. Coloradolady says:

I love the blue jars. I too have a fondness for jars. I like the old soda bottle. The graphics on old soda bottles are so cute.

11. I like the Squirt bottle with its slogan.

12. mannequin says:

I like bottles too! My hubby sees them as “trash” so I must keep a close eye on them!

13. Mason jars are pretty neat to use in decor.
    I think I may have heard of Squirt. I see you call it ‘pop’ and some of us call it ‘soda’.

14. I love old jars and bottles, too. I use them for storing coffee, pasta, etc. The jars look so much prettier than packaging from the store.

15. Chez Nous says:

I love Squirt but I can’t get it on the East Coast. Great jars and bottles.

16. I love old jars and the Squirt bottle is cool. I don’t remember that soft drink at all!

17. I love old bottles and jars. My mom used to use a soda bottle with a sprinkler cap on it to dampen clean laundry before ironing-before the steam-iron:) Wish I had the original Pepsi bottle she used.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Linda C

18. Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ says:

I love old jars and bottles too. I have to concur with your dad, squirt is the best! Great show and tell!

19. Beautiful! I collect old bottles and jars, too, and almost anything of green glass. Unfortunately I think Squirt tasted terrible!

20. Scrapdolly says:

What a great collection – love the green bottle

21. Mrs. Miles says:

Oh, I think I need a bottle of squirt, haha! Its been raining here for a week, will it help for that?

What a claim, I got a good giggle.

Thanks for sharing your collection!

~ Mrs. Miles

22. My husband would like you. He collects these, and it drives me up the wall.

23. Susie Homemaker says:

Oh, I will have to show you my bottle collection someday…love yours!

Warm Wishes,

24. Lady Katherine says:

love the green one too

25. More Ball jars! I’m really used to seeing Ball jars in blogs so that Squirt jar really stands out! What a unique part of your collection!