My favorite gifts to get and to give are things for the kitchen. I would rather give and receive an item I know will get used. My husband and kids and the rest of my family usually get me a kitchen related items or a cookbook when they give me a gift. I was born in December so I usually end up with a few neat things this time of year.
I decided that since this was a food blog it might be fun to come up with a list of kitchen items that would make great gifts. Many of these are things that I own. The items that I do not own are on my wish list. All of the items are under $30, many are under $20. I know it is not even Thanksgiving yet, but it is not too early to start thinking about gifts.
I hope you can get some ideas if you need a gift for someone who loves to cook or is learning to cook.
If you have any other great kitchen gift ideas leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.
1. Martha Stewart Kitchen towels and dish clothes at Macys $9.99 and under – These are great. These are my favorite dish towels that I have. They absorb really well. They are thick, soft, and don’t leave lint. See here and here.
2. Citrus Press $12.99 – I have one of these in a different brand and I love it. It works great.
3. Kitchen Tongs $10.00 – I have the larger one of these and I use it all the time.
4. Williams Sonoma Measuring Cups and Spoons – These are a bit expensive for measuring cups, but you will have these for life. They are that nice.
5. Williams Sonoma Odd Sized Measuring Cups and Spoons – I have an older version of these and use them all the time. They are so useful and the same great quality of the above set.
6. Silicone Muffin Liners – About $10 You can find these lots of places. I got mine at Michaels Craft store using a 50% off coupon.
7. Oil Sprayer– Around $10 You can also find these at Walmart and Target
8. Martha Stewart Cookies Cookbook – $16.47 I have this and love it. I have posted several of the recipes.
9. Martha Stewart Everyday Foods Cookbook– $16.47 I really like this cookbook
10. America’s Test Kitchen Family Cookbook – $23.07 My sister gave this to me as a gift a couple of years ago and I have used it so much.
11. America’s Test Kitchen Family Baking Book – $20.97I really want this book. It looks so interesting.
12. Pizza Stone or other stoneware- I love pampered chef stoneware and I have many of their pieces. Several of them are under $30
13. Knife Sharpener– $19.74 My husband bought this for me because I am terrible at sharpening knives. It works great.
14. Subscription to Cook’s Illustrated Magazine– $24.95 I have been getting this magazine for several years. A lot of the recipes are gourmet style but the tips and review are worth the price, especially for the serious cook.
15. Subscription to Cook’s Country Magazine – $19.95This is similar to #14 but a more practical, everyday magazine. I use these recipes often. It also contains tips and reviews.
17. Rolling Pin – See my review here.
18. Martha Stewart Cooking School Cookbook – $29.70 I gave this as a wedding gift recently. It is a great book for a beginner or semi beginner cook.
19. King Arthur Whole Grain Baking Cookbook – $23.10 For the cook who wants to cook healthier by using whole grains.
21. Crock Pot – I have two of these one a 5 quart and one a 6 quart. I use them at least once a week. Usually more. If you don’t have a crockpot, you need one.
22. Yogurt Maker – $29.95 This one looks really neat.
23. Tortilla Press -$17.99 I want one of these. ( A friend just gave me one of these and I can’t wait to try it)
24. Tortilla Warmer – Under $10 I got mine at Walmart. It works great for keeping tortillas and pancakes warm.
25. Rice Cooker – Under $30 I use mine all the time.
26. There Is A Chef In My Soup – $15.63 We love this kids cookbook.
27. There Is A Chef In My Family – $15.63 Another great kids cookbook.
28. What Einstein Told His Cook – $17.13 If you love the science behind food cooking you will love this book.
29. What Einstein Told His Cook Volume 2 – $17.13 This is even more fun facts about the science behind food and cooking.
30. Digital Meat Thermometer– This one is $19.99 but you can find them in stores for under $30
These kitchen gadgets and gift ideas Works For Me.