No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake

This is one of those really, really easy but really, really good recipes. This took me about 15 minutes to make and it was so good. I took this to a church dinner last Sunday and everyone enjoyed it. I will definitely be making this again.

The recipe originally came from Hersey’s, so I should have known it was good. I used the special dark chips because I had them, but semi-sweet would also work well. The recipe calls for a graham cracker crust. A lot of times I make my own, but last week I was short on time, so I decided to buy one.

When I was at the store and saw the Oreo cookie crust I decided to give it a try. I really think the extra chocolate of the Oreo crust made this even better. So, I would suggest making it with Oreo’s instead of just graham crackers. But again either one will work.

Comments

1. Wow! That sound wonderful! Yum!!!

2. I saw your link on Blissfully Domestic, and I’m glad I stopped by. I love easy, and I love cheesecake. Thanks for the recipe!

3. Kim @ Forever Wherever says:

Yum! My husband loves cheesecake and I love chocolate. Sounds great!
    -Kim

4. Jerri - Simply Sweet Home says:

I love chocolate cheesecake! This looks yummy!

5. Yum! We love cheesecake and the fact that it is chocolate plus no bake is a bonus!! 😀 Thanks for sharing!!

6. Yummo!!

I do something similar to this however, instead of melting chocolate chips I just use instant choc. pudding. I am “due” to make mine again, guess I’ll do that and post the recipe. :)

Thanks for sharing! :)

7. I am saving this recipe. At certain times of the year its nice to have no bake desserts!

Sounds great and I know it is good because you said you use this for church events. EVERYTHING at the church suppers are good!!

9. No baking ? Love it !

10. PamperingBeki says:

Oh good grief, that looks delicious!!

I stopped by from Forever Wherever.

11. Yummy!!!!

12. Herb of Grace says:

Awesome. Can’t wait to try this out… Found you on Blissfully

13. I'm on the hunt for no bake chocolate cheesecake recipes. I saw the Hershey's one & then found your post. Can you tell me what the consistency of the cheesecake was? Was it firm like a regular baked cheesecake or was it kind of mushy?

14. Lisa, it was not like the texture of a baked cheesecake. Have you made a regular no bake cheesecake? It is like that. Kind of pudding/mousse like but firmer. Does that make sense? No bake and baked cheesecakes are going to have a totally different texture. I hope that helps.

15. Bobbie Czajka says:

Another great non-bake dessert is eclair cake made with pudding, graham crackers and chocolate frosting on top!

16. Oh that sounds like a good choice, will try that this week-end. I was thinking a lemon-aid pie.

17. Where has this dessert been all my life?! I liked this cheesecake much better than a baked chocolate cheesecake I made a few months ago. It has better flavor and is much easier to make. I’m trying to use all my will power to keep from having a piece for breakfast this morning! Thank you for a wonderful recipe.

Trackbacks

1. […] crust would work great for all kinds of no bake desserts, so I gave it a try recently and used my no bake chocolate cheesecake recipe for the filling and it was so […]