Peanut Butter Sheet Cake

I was recently looking through cookbooks at the library. One of the books I picked up was a cookbook by the Red Hat Society. I was looking through it thinking it would be like a church cookbook and full of good recipes. And it was pretty good, but it was basically the same type of recipes that I had seen elsewhere.

But one recipe did catch my attention and I knew right away I wanted to check this cookbook out for this recipe alone. What was the recipe? It was Peanut Butter Sheet Cake. You see my husband loves peanut butter. He really, really, likes peanut butter. So I knew that it was a recipe I needed/wanted to try.

And I am so glad I did. This cake was really good, especially if you love peanut butter. It had great flavor and was good the first day, but I think it was even better the second day. The frosting is what made this so good. I already have plans of trying it on several other types of cakes.

If you really like peanut butter desserts, give this one a try.

Comments

1. Wow! This looks absolutely scrumptious! I love peanut butter. 😀

2. Colleen - Mommy Always Wins says:

Ooh! YUM!

Sounds delish!

3. Jerri - Simply Sweet Home says:

It’s looks so delicious.

4. I love peanut butter too – I have to try this one!

5. I didn’t need to see this!!! I’m a peanut butter addict in the worst way!

Lynn, YOU ARE MY HERO! I love peanut butter. There have been several peanut butter recipes, today. I am in heaven! I have already bookmarked this recipe and added it to my Favorite Recipes list! Can’t wait to make it. Thanks for the recipe and linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

7. Looks great, and easy!

8. Yummy; I love peanut butter. By the way, thanks for stopping by my site. I enjoy your blog.

9. i am definitely going to make this one! thanks for sharing!!!

10. newlyweds says:

oh this looks so good, I love peanut butter desserts. I bet your hubby was happy!

11. Mommy's Kitchen says:

Yummy that looks so good. I love pb. That frosting looks to die for. I found your site through I am blissfully domestic.

12. Mmmm, at my family reunions there is always a peanut butter cake but it is several smaller layers (almost like thick pancakes) with lots of creamy peanut icing. It’s so pretty. Your recipe looks so yummy…I may just have to make one!

13. newlyweds says:

Just wanted to let you know I mentioned this post on my blog today!

14. Amy @ Finer Things says:

Huge peanut butter fans here, too. My mom will sometimes treat me to a peanut butter sheet cake. 😉 They freeze very nicely and are even more moist out of the freezer!

Hey Lynn. I am making your cake, right now. The cake is in the oven and about to make the frosting. This recipe is very similar to my chocolate sheet cake , except, well you know…. peanut butter – not chocolate.
    I am making it for our church get-together, tomorrow night. I am just bummed that we can’t cut into it, until tomorrow evening. I wonder if we can hold out? Hubby doesn’t think so.
    Thanks again.

16. I hope you like it. I am making this today too, to take to a church dinner tom. It makes a great cake to serve a crowd because it is so big. Should I admit that my husband has actually cut into a dessert before that I needed to take somewhere. He claims it was to try it but it was more like he could not wait. I took it anyway and just said my husband got into it last night. Everyone thought it was funny, probably because their husband had done the same thing before. :)

17. A happy heart at home says:

That looks so yummy! My husband doesn’t like anything peanut butter, but the rest of us do! Great idea for a potluck, church meal, etc. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

~Susan

18. Lynn, I’m doing a post about your cake, so I’ll be linking here. Thanks for the recipe.

19. I used to make this cake on an actual sheet cake pan. Why would this be called a sheet cake and made in a jelly roll pan. I miss my recipe. I’m not sure if this is the right measurements/temp for the sheet cake.

20. I think a sheet cake pan and a jelly roll pan are basically the same size. If I remember right there is a little bit of difference but not much. I am guessing it is called sheet cake because it is an old recipe. But most people have and know what a jelly roll pan is. That is my guess. I think the measuerments should work.

21. I just finished making this. It smells so good and it looks awesome. And from my tastings it rocks! Love your site!

22. is the flour for the cake all purpose or what? my grandma used to make this cake and i’ve come close to it but not close enough with premade cake mixes

23. Thank you it is just what i was looking for

24. Any ideas what sort of Gluten Free flours I could use in this. It looks yummy!!
    Thanks,
    Moe

25. Hi Lynn,
    I love your website. I am GF and always looking for terrific recipes with more “available” ingredients used in them. I am going to try this one GF, but wanted to know if it would be okay to line my jelly roll pan with parchment paper? It’s not in the best shape these days :)
    Thanks,
    Christine

26. Christine says:

Hi Lynn,
    I finally gave this a go and made this gluten free. I just substituted a GF flour blend for the regular flour and added one teaspoon of xanthan gum to the sugar/flour mixture. It came out so moist, and peanut butter delicious. Probably the moistest GF cake I’ve made thus far. Thanks for the great recipe!
    Christine

27. cajundee says:

Just made this and it is very moist and delicious. I will definitely make again. It was very quick and easy to do. I did not have a 12×15 pan so i used a 9×13 and it was perfect and the icing did not run over the sides. I have saved it in my favorites. Thanks for sharing a wonderful and easy recipe.

28. I have a peanut allergy also. If your daughter is not allergic to soy, you can try soy butter. The brand I find now at Walmart is Wow Butter. It is 100% peanut free. Others tell me it tastes just like peanut butter.

• Soy butter is her favorite substitution for PB. She doesn’t think it tastes the same, but she does like it for some thing. She did not develop her peanut allergy until age 12, and she loved pb, so finding something to replace it has been hard for her. But we are thankful there are so many things like soy butter and sun butter out there.

• Have you tried SunButter? It is sunflower seed butter. My daughter has a peanut allergy (not severe) so I was using soy butter for awhile. It really isn’t the same. But a few years ago I was trying to get all the soy out and found SunButter. I LOVE it!! I think it tastes a bit like peanut butter, especially if you haven’t had it for awhile. My older daughter disagrees. Either way check it out. It tastes great! I get the sweetened kind but they have unsweetened, crunchy, on the go packs, etc. Check it out if you haven’t already! http://sunbutter.com/

29. I made the peanut butter sheet cake, it was too dense, noticed afterwards I had used baking powder, instead of soda. the frosting, was fabulous!!