This time of year is perfect for asparagus. You can usually find good quality asparagus in the stores for a good price during the early spring. Several in my family love asparagus. In fact my daughter picked it as part of her birthday meal last week. Yes, kids can like and want vegetables like asparagus.

There are lots of ways to cook asparagus. You can steam it, fry it, or bake it. But recently our favorite way to cook it is to roast it. You basically cook it at a really high heat.

Here is what I do.

Now that you know how I cook it, how do you cook it? Or do you even like it?

For more asparagus recipe see Tammy’s Recipes.

1. I just cooked a bundle of asparagus this way a couple days ago. I used smoked salt and then sprinkled Parmesan on half of the spears. I love it when they get browned and a little crunchy!

2. Snow White says:

we love asparagus in our house — we like to roast it too — we use sea salt, garlic and a little basil along with the olive oil. Delicious.

we also use it coupled with ham in lasagna and pasta dishes. :)

3. I have only steamed my asparagus. I must try this method. Can’t wait til Friday because it’s grocery day. I hope the asparagus is on sale!

4. Butterfly Momma says:

I also have only steamed asparagus, but I will be definitely trying out this recipe!!! My family all love asparagus, so I’m sure it will be a hit – thanks again for all the great recipes!

5. Anonymous says:

I love roasted vegetables. Do you grill very much? If you do, try grilling the oiled/seasoned asparagus. It is also delicious! (And it keeps the heat out of the kitchen in the summertime.)

6. I love grilled vegetables but have never grilled asparagus. I will have to try that.

7. Grilled with other vegies, they are really good…
    I like asparagus tips steamed and they have to be hot and not mushy…I’ll have to try them your way !

8. VaQueenBee says:

I season mine like you do, but then I throw it in my grill basket and grill it. Yummy! This is my absolute favorite way to eat it. Hubby and I went out to the garden tonight and discovered our first asparagus coming up out of the ground! Yay!

9. Mmmm, one of my comfort foods. Yes, many people find me a little odd :)

10. Kimberly says:

I pretty much roast everything these days…my veggie steamer might wind up in a garage sale. Roasting is just so much more flavorful.

I put a bit of olive oil, pepper, and salt on mine too. Some grated Parmesan cheese is really good too!

11. I just discovered asparagus a few weeks ago. It is so good! I had it lightly steamed, but the roasted sounds delicious.

12. We love asparagus too!!!

13. Lunafaerie5 says:

I use a little balsamic vinegar along with oil, salt, and pepper. mmmmmmm.

14. LOVE IT however and whenever…except canned–UGH. We like it steamed with butter and salt, steamed with salt and parm, and roasted with salt, parm or both. also, in soups!! sigh….
    but waiting for non-mexican is killing me….