Chocolate Toffee Cupcakes

I found this recipe quite a few years ago. I have made it many times since then. If you have read my blog long you know that I send a lot of treats to my husband’s office. But not only do I send treats to work, sometimes I send treats home with the staff members. I like to occasionally send things home for their families to enjoy.

Several years ago we had a staff member who’s son was allergic to eggs. This made it hard to find cookies and other treats to bake for them. When I first saw this recipe I knew it would be perfect for this family, because it does not have eggs in it. And you don’t miss the eggs in this. They are really good.

The other thing that I love about this recipe is the combination of chocolate and toffee. How can you go wrong combining those two things. Chocolate and toffee are one of my favorite things to combine.

I hope you enjoy these.

Adapted from Taste Of Home.

For more recipes and ideas see Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, and Blissfully Domestic.

Comments

1. Amanda @ Mommy's Idea Book says:

I love making cupcakes and these are right down my alley with all that chocolate and toffee. Thanks for the recipe.

2. Linda S says:

those look amazing!!!
    visiting from I am BD!

3. Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam says:

Yum – I want to work at your husband’s office. :)

4. This looks really good, I like recipes that incoorporate toffee bits :)

5. These look decadent!

6. A happy heart at home says:

Mmm, those look good! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

~Susan

7. shopannies says:

sounds delicious

8. These sound – and look – scrumptious! It is great to find recipes that you can make for people with special dietary needs.

And what a great thing to do – send goodies with your husband to work and for his coworkers to take home. Very cool.

9. WOW! These sound scrumptious! 😀

10. Life with Kaishon says:

Oh my gosh! These look so beautiful and they sound YUMMY!

11. Samantha says:

Wow, these look delicious !! Thanks for sharing,have a blessed day.

12. The look fantastic, and no eggs! I bet you’re hubby’s office can’t wait for him to bring your treats in !

13. Think I gained a couple of pounds just reading the recipe! I am very much trying to get away from boxed mixes and these should be perfect to try!

14. Smelling Coffee says:

Hi Lynn… These look wonderfully delicious! Can’t wait to try them!

Jennifer

15. those look incredible!!! i printed the recipe, i hope you dont mind!! 😉

16. Jsprik, I hope you enjoy them!

17. chocolate Toffey cupcakes
    the frosting says to combine powdered sugar and 1/2 cup if cocoa and set aside then says to and the remaining cocoa to the milk and vanilla but the frosting only calls for 1/3 cup is this correct or should it be 2/3 cup because it says to add a 1/2 cup in with the powdered sugar and set aside and then it says to add the remaining cocoa into the milk and vanilla but if it only calls for 1/3 cup cocoa there is not enough to do so and you please set me straight or i am confused thank you, debora lewis andover ks this is a great web site

18. i think i just figured it out it says cocoa mixture which includes the 1 1/2 cups of the powered sugar so the is enough sorry this recipe looks great and my grandson has allergies to eggs
    .-= debora lewis´s last blog ..Taco Pasta =-.