Separating Eggs

The best egg separator is your hand. No need for gadgets for this job. This way is simple, easy, and free. Give it a try

How do you separate eggs?

Comments

1. Tammy L says:

Do you crack them into your hand, or pick up the yolks out of a bowl (like if you’re separating several eggs)? :)

I’ve never tried just using my hand!

I have used the egg shell before, though (tossing yolk between shell halves until separated).

Usually I use my Tupperware separator (from a garage sale, and small enough to fit unobtrusively in my utensil drawer)! :)

2. Tammy, good question. I just crack the egg carefully into my hand and let the white run through my fingers. It works really good. But if it doesn’t separate well I move it around a little and switch hands. That usually finishes separating it just fine.

3. This is a great idea. I’m a little put off by the slime factor, though.

I still use the halves of the shell. It takes caution, so you don’t pierce the yolk, but it keeps my hands cleaner.

Hmmm…can I get over the slime factor? Not too sure. I may just have to try it and see how bad it is.

4. sarahdodson says:

I use my hands, too. Works out quite nicely.

5. Buffie says:

I use the halves of the egg shell. Personally I just don’t want all that egg white all over my hands.

6. Jennifer says:

Usually with the shell but often with my hand. I never have the time/patience to hunt for that little gadget. Actually, I’m not sure I even have one anymore!

7. Penny Raine says:

my daughter does eggs the same way, with her hands, I usually use the shells

blessings, Penny Raine

8. Prasanthi Neeladaran says:

I use the two halves of the shells but u have to be careful though…..

9. cassie - b says:

I do it the same way!

10. Yep. That’s my preferred method too! So quick and easy and no extra dishes to wash.
    .-= unfinishedmom´s last blog ..Menu Plan – March 14, 2010: Family Favorites =-.