A friend of mine recently brought a chocolate raspberry cake to a church dinner. I did not get a chance to have a piece, so she sent some cake home with me. It was so good. I love the combination of raspberry and chocolate. They just seem to go together so well.
Before I ate the cake I took a picture of it. My daughter asked why I was taking a picture and I said that if it was good I would post it on my site. She then said, but you can’t because you did not make it. I told her it would be fine, if I said that I did not make it. She was still not convinced that it was okay, even though I assured her that I would say it was not my cake. I tried to explain to her that it was such a good cake I thought others would like it.
So, to be sure I give credit where it is due, thank you Darlene for sending me home some of your cake and for passing the recipe on to me.
Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups (16-oz. can) HERSHEY’S Syrup
- RASPBERRY CREAM CENTER(recipe below)
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE(recipe below)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, butter, eggs and baking powder in large bowl; beat until smooth. Add syrup; blend thoroughly. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Spread RASPBERRY CREAM CENTER on cake. Cover; refrigerate. Pour CHOCOLATE GLAZE over chilled dessert. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert. About 12 servings.
RASPBERRY CREAM CENTER:
- 2 cups powdered sugar,
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- ¼ cup raspberry jam in small bowl;
beat until smooth. (A few drops red food color may be added, if desired.)
CHOCOLATE GLAZE: Melt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dark Chocolate Chips or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
in small saucepan over very low heat. Remove from heat; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
For more great recipes and ideas see Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday.