Today’s guest post is by Toni , also known as The Happy Housewife. Toni is a military wife and homeschooling mom of seven. If you have never visited her site you should. She talks about a wide range of subjects including tips about how she saves money and tries to eat healthy on a limited budget. Thanks Toni for the great recipe idea.
My kids love corn dogs, but I don’t like the hefty price and preservative
laden kind you can find at the store. Inspired by Laura’s post I decided to attempt mini corn dog muffins.
Corn Dog Mini Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Mix together dry ingredients. Then add the liquid ingredients. Stir until
- mixed thoroughly.
- Scoop into a greased mini muffin pan, filling the cups about 2/3’s of the
- way full.
- Take hotdogs and cut into 1 inch pieces. Stick into the muffin mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until the cornbread is a nice golden color.
They make the perfect dipping size for kids as well as a great appetizer.