This time of year I love to use my crockpot, but not all crockpot recipes are quick to put together. When I am really busy, I need quick and easy crockpot recipes. It is so nice to be able to put something quickly in the crockpot early in the day and have dinner waiting for me at 6:00 or whenever I need it.
I love this version of baked beans because it is a little different than your average baked beans.
This is a meal I have fixed many times over the last 10 years. My kids really like this version of baked beans. I like it not only because it is so quick and easy to put together, but because it is a frugal meal to serve.
Crockpot Baked Beans and Sausage
- 1 pound kielbasa type sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- Mix together ketchup, sugars, vinegar, molasses, and mustard. Set aside.
- Cut kielbasa into bite sized pieces.
- In a crockpot mix together the kielbasa, onion, and beans. Add ketchup mixture and stir well.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hrs.