Summertime meals to me mean simple recipes, using fresh and in season ingredients. This recipe is just that. It is simple yet full of flavor.
Grilled Tomato and Pasta
- About 2 – 3 lbs of tomatoes
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil (or use fresh if you have it)
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano (or use fresh if you have it)
- 1 pound of pasta
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (this is the real stuff, not the stuff in a can)
- ¼ cup of cream
Cook pasta according to directions. While the pasta is cooking, toss your tomatoes in the oil, salt, and pepper and grill them.
Combine cooked pasta, with remaining ingredients. Once it is mixed well, carefully stir in grilled tomatoes.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
This post linked to Mouthwatering Mondays and $5 Dinners.