This is one of those quick and easy recipes that is very versatile.
It can be served as a dip with chips. You can serve it as a filling and make burrito type dish. You can also serve it with lettuce and other taco type fillings for an easy taco dinner.
Dishes like this are perfect for busy nights. Add a salad or other vegetable and you have a quick and easy meal.
Beef and Bean Bake
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans ( or use homemade)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 can ( 4 ounces) green chilies
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby jack cheese ( or use a combo of jack and cheddar)
- 1 cup taco sauce (or use homemade)
- chips or tortillas for serving
- Cook meat and onion until meat is done and onion is tender.
- Spread refried beans over the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Spread meat/onion mixture over beans.
- Sprinkle green chilies, olives, and cheese over meat.
- Drizzle taco sauce over all.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.