It is no secret that we love pancakes in our house. They usually make an appearance at our table at least once a week. My son would eat them everyday if I would make them that often.
Because we eat pancakes so often, I like to come up with different versions to enjoy. I recently came up with a gluten free cinnamon pancake that we loved. These will definitely be on the menu plan again soon.
I think cinnamon pancakes would make a wonderful holiday breakfast.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Pancakes
(this makes quite a few so you might want to 1/2 it for your family)
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 1/4 cup potato starch
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 6 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon (yes these are cinnamon pancakes)
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together just until well blended.
- Cook on a hot griddle or pan.
- Serve and enjoy!