This is one of those simple, get it on the table in less than thirty minutes meals. It is so easy and contains basic ingredients that we all have in our kitchen.
Not only is this Enchilada Rice fast and easy to make, it is kid friendly. It is also a meal all by itself. You can serve this with tortilla chips and salad, but you do not have to.
I love basic dinners like this. We all need recipes like this for those days when we want to feed our family a healthy home cooked meal, but do not have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
- 2 cups cooked rice (I usually use leftover rice from a previous meal)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounce) enchilada sauce, or use homemade
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese, or you can use all cheddar or colby jack cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn
- In a large skillet brown ground beef. Drain off any grease and return to pan.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese, and cook on medium low until heated through.
- Stir in cheese and serve.
This post linked to $5 Dinner Challenge.