One of the things I love about making quesadillas is how easy they are to make different just buy using different ingredients for the filling.
We often make just cheese quesadillas or even cheese and bean ones, sometimes we even add bacon to them. But recently I made taco quesadillas and we loved them. They were so simple and so good.
All I did was take basic taco ingredients and spread them on tortilla shells. Then I cooked them like I would a quesadilla. We then dipped them in salsa and guacamole as we ate them.
You really do not need exact measurements for this, but this is the basic idea of what I did.
What is your favorite filling for quesadillas?
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and seasoned ( or use taco meat from the freezer)
- 1 can refried beans ( or homemade ones)
- 2 cups grated cheese, either cheddar or colby jack
- 12 tortillas
- salsa and guacamole for serving
- Spread a small amount of taco meat, beans, and cheese on a half of the tortillas.
- Top each one with the remaining tortillas.
- Cook on a griddle or pan until tortillas shell is slightly browned and cheese is starting to melt. This takes 2-3 minutes over medium heat. Then flip over and continue to cook until heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Cut into half or quarters and serve with salsa and guacamole.