This chocolate custard is one of the richest and creamiest desserts that I have made in a long time.
Seriously, this chocolate dessert is really good. It is also really easy to make.
Chocolate custard is basically a baked chocolate pudding that has a little different texture than a regular pudding. It is also a bit different than a normal custard because it contains chocolate.
So, if you have tried custards before and not liked them, this is a version that I think you will enjoy.
I liked this served on its own, but it is also good served with a little whipped cream on top.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bring the cream and milk to a boil and remove from heat. Add in vanilla. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat egg yolks, sugar, and salt. Beat in melted chocolate. Gradually which in cream/milk mixture.
- Divide mixture among 4- 6 ounce ramekins. You can use a different size ramekin, just adjust the cooking time for a large or smaller ramekin.
- Place ramekins in a 9×13 pan that has been filled with ½ inch of hot water. (You are creating a water bath.)
- Bake custards for 40-45 minutes or until slightly wobbly. Remove dishes from hot water, let cool, and refrigerate until completely cooled or over night.