It is no secret that we love baked oatmeal. It is a quick and easy breakfast that is also healthy and kid friendly.
We often think of oatmeal as a cold weather breakfast, but because it is so healthy I try to incorporate it into our meals all year long.
I recently came up with a blueberry version of baked oatmeal that my kids love. In fact, I think this might be my son’s favorite baked oatmeal that I make.
He loves blueberries and he had three helpings of this the first time I made it. When a nine year old boy, who is a picky eater, eats three bowls of oatmeal, you know it must be good.
I have been using fresh blueberries for Blueberry Baked Oatmeal because I have had them from our garden, but I think frozen blueberries will work just fine. I plan to make it with frozen blueberries when I no longer have the fresh ones available.
If you are looking for something new for breakfast you really should give this a try. It is so good.
Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt ( We like vanilla, but I think plain would work also)
- 3/4- 1 cup blueberries
- Mix all ingredients together, except blueberries and stir well. Carefully stir in blueberries.
- Spread in a greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- If you like it a little crunchy on top cook for a few minutes longer.
- Serve with warm milk poured over top.