Today we have a guest post from my blogging friend Kristy of Mommy Hates Cooking. Thanks Kristy for sharing your recipe with us!
I have been on a quiche kick lately. I really enjoy having breakfast already made and ready to go. My husband also likes having other options as opposed to cereal or toast every day. Quiche is a nice alternative because it can easily be breakfast, lunch, dinner. That’s just the case with the Ham and Cheese quiche.
A little bit of ham and leeks.
Topped with the egg mixture, you can vary your spices here, using your favorite. Then, pile on the cheese and bake!
Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Prepared Pie Shell
- 2 Cups Diced Ham
- 1 Chopped Leek
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/2 Cup Fat Free ½ and ½
- Dash of Cayenne
- Dash of Sage
- 2 Cups of Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
1. Cook pie shell as instructed.
2. Next simmer the leeks and the ham on medium heat in a skillet until the leeks are soft.
3. Pour the ham and leek mixture into the prepared pie shell.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs then mix in the 1/2 and 1/2.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the pie shell coating the meat mixture.
6. Top with Cheese
7. Bake on 350* for 30-35 minutes until brown on top.
8. Let this sit for 10-15 minutes until it sets.
Note: Swiss and Mozzarella cheese also work well on this.
Kristy Still is the creator of Mommy Hates Cooking, where she shares her love/hate relationship with cooking. She enjoys sharing her stories of melted spoons and burnt oven mitts to original recipes. Find out more about Kristy at Mommy Hates Cooking.