When I first saw this potato recipe from Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food, I knew I had to try it. It is so easy, yet so impressive. I did tweak the original recipe a little bit, but it is the same basic idea. And it is so good!
My family loved the crispy texture the outside of this had combined with the soft texture of the inner part of this dish. It is the perfect combination of both.
This would be a wonderful side dish for just about any meal. And really I would be quite happy eating this as the main dish part of the meal, although the meat loving men in my family might object.
But anyway you serve this I think you will love it!
Crispy Potato Bake
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 pounds potato, peeled
- Preheat oven to 375. In a bowl combine butter and oil. Use part of the mixture to grease the bottom of a 9×13 or similar pan. Set remaining oil/butter mixture aside.
- Slice the potatoes very thinly. I do this in my food processor using the slicing blade, so that I have thin and even slices.
- Arrange potatoes tightly in the greased pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and drizzle remaining butter on top.
- Bake for 1 hr and 30 minutes or until potatoes are crisp on the outside and tender in the middle. I usually check this at about 1 hr and 15 minutes and then cook about 15 minutes more, but the time may vary depending on the thickness of the potatoes.