We love muffins in our house and usually have them several times a week.
When I make muffins I almost always make a large batch and put some in the freezer for those busy times when I don’t have time to bake. They make a great addition to almost any meal, but they also make great snacks and desserts.
This double chocolate muffin today is definitely more like a dessert. And although my kids have been known to eat these for breakfast, they really are more of a treat type muffin.
I hope you enjoy!
Double Chocolate Gluten Free Muffins
- 1 ¼ cup rice flour
- ¾ cup sweet rice flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners. This makes 24 muffins.
- In a bowl combine rice flours, cornstarch, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat in buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes or until done.