This is another recipe in my girls journey of cooking through the The Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten-Free. They are loving this book and it is making gluten free baking so easy for them.
Today’s recipe for Gluten Free Honey Bun Cake was made by my eleven year old, all by herself. She did a great job and made a cake that our whole family enjoyed. In fact, my son probably ate half the cake all by himself, he enjoyed it so much.
Gluten free baking can be easy and fun for kids!
Gluten Free Honey Bun Cake
- 1-15 ounce package gluten free yellow cake mix ( I used Betty Crocker)
- ¼ cup cup vanilla instant pudding mix (half of a 3.4 ounce package)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (the original recipe said 2 teaspoons, but we thought that was a lot of cinnamon and cut it back to just 1 teaspoon.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, pudding, sour cream, oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Beat on medium low for 2 minutes scraping down sides as needed.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Drizzle the batter with the honey.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over the honey.
- Run a knife through the batter several times to swirl it.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Let cool slightly.
- Serve and enjoy!