What Is It Wednesday {Item Twenty-Three}

When I saw this recently at the grocery store, I instantly knew it would make a perfect What Is It Wednesday.

Do you know what it is?

1. Horn melon!

2. Kiwano melon.

3. I was guessing some kind of melon. Did you eat it? If so what did it taste like?

4. what kind of crazy space alien did you have to kill to steal its baby?! i love the stuff you find :)

5. Christina says:

6. Hmmm. I’ve seen this one before. But, for the life of me I can’t remember what it was called. And I wasn’t brave enough to try it! 😀

7. Cactus fruit? No idea…

8. What is it? Ugly!

9. Jillian Lauder says:

A horn melon! They’re yummy!

10. Nikki Olivier says:

Prickly pear? Wow, that one is interesting!

11. Kiwano

12. oh the suspense! I have no idea what it is and I love comment about the alien space baby. This one is sure interesting.

13. I agree with Christina. I think its dragon fruit
    Never had it but have seen it in one of our grocery stores

14. Is it a prickly pear? I haven’t seen one in years, so I don’t remember what it looks like – but that could be it :)

15. Stephanie says:

African cucumber

16. Kiwano melon also called a horned melon.

17. Afican horned melon…it’s a cousin of the cucumber. Never ate one though…does it taste more like a cucumber or a melon?

18. Tammy Jones says:

I vote for prickly pear.

19. Hmmm I should know this because I watch Chopped all the time on the food network…but honestly I have no idea. Can’t wait to see what you whip up with that :)

20. i think it’s passion fruit… =)

21. Porcupine poop?

22. It’s an African cucumber with the spines taken off – my husband grew some
    one summer. Big spines on the fruit and on the vines as well. Weird looking.

23. African Cucumber is my guess.

24. Amaryllis says:

Looks like Maracuja from Brazil. Makes the yummiest juice and yummier cake. Or it is Passion Fruit. Oh, wait… maracuja is portuguese for passion fruit. :)

25. Horned Melon, though Ive also heard it called blowfish fruit . Tastes like cucumber.

26. Have you ever read the kids book ‘The BFG’ by Roald Dahl? It looks like a snozcumber!!!!