What Is It Wednesday {Item Twenty-Two}

Do you know what this week’s What Is It Wednesday is?

Here it is on a piece of paper so that you can get a better idea of the size.

I can’t wait to see how many of you know what this one is.

Comments

1. Looks like celery root.

2. ellen tinder says:

celery root

3. Looks like celeriac to me.

4. I know it as celery root but I think there is another name for it. Just not sure what it is in English. I got to know about this when we lived in Austria.

5. Celeric Root or Celery Root!!!!

6. Rutabaga??

7. Ha ha a veggie. What kind not sure

8. I thought it was a large turnip, but now I am not so sure…the leaves don’t look much like turnip leaves.

9. Yep, celery root. Very cool!

10. Nina Mills says:

Turnip

11. Jerusalem artichoke?

12. celeriac

13. Celeriac?

14. Celery root

15. Yup. Celeriac!

16. Celeriac – I thought rutabaga at first, but did a little research and found it to be celeriac. Very interesting!

17. celeriac – i love this veggie, but my kids, not so much!

18. Courtney S. says:

Celeriac//Celery Root – Great in soup

19. Marcia T. says:

Celeriac

20. Hee hee, another cliff hanger that I can not wait to find the answer out. If it is celery root I am curious about what its like.

21. Celeriac or celery root. I haven’t seen one in many years — since a visit to a huge farm market in Windsor, Canada.

22. Celery root

23. celery root

24. Celeriac. Ugly bugger, but great in soups.

25. Celery root

26. U can “mash” it into a really nice tasty side. I love these

27. Celery root & I love it!

28. Looks like celery root to me. Yummy addition to soup!

29. celeriac :)

30. Yep…it’s celery root.

31. Celeriac or celery root, yum!

32. Judith Watkins says:

Celery root.

33. Elizabeth says:

Celery root aka celeriac. I cut it into pieces and roast it with other root vegetables such as beets, potato, winter squashes, etc with a small amount of evoo, salt pepper and rosemary.

34. Celery root

35. Jen Bingham says:

celery root- makes a great winter salad if you shred it, add it to shredded carrots and dress with lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper! Yum!

36. Celery root. I just bought one for the first time last week. It was great roasted with other root vegies.

37. Kimberly Zoutendijk says:

Celery Root, has great texture good to use in chicken salad.

38. janelle lawson says: