Chex mix is a classic holiday snack that has been around for years. There are many different versions of it, but I prefer the sweet versions like muddy buddies, lemon buddies, snow buddies, and today’s cinnamon sugar chex mix.
What I love about chex mix is that it makes the perfect gift to give away. You can easily make up a few different kinds of chex mixes and place them in a nice gift bag or box to give away.
A simple and easy gift that anyone would enjoy!
Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups Cinnamon Chex Cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Stir vanilla into melted butter.
- In a large bowl combine cereals. Pour butter and cinnamon sugar mixture over the cereal until evenly combined.
- Microwave entire mixture for 3-4 minutes or utnil it just starts to brown. Stir once while cooking.
- Spread on a cookie sheet to cool and then store in an airtight container or bag.
- Serve and enjoy!
For more great Christmas ideas please visit the other bloggers joining me on this series.
Christmas Homeschool Fun: 1+1+1=1
Christmas Decorations: Songbird
Tips for a Healthy Holiday: The Thrifty Mama
Saving Money: Surviving the Stores
Travel Tips: Mom’s Travel Tales
Christmas Family Fun: Life as Mom
Homemade Christmas Gifts: The Happy Housewife