The combination of chocolate and mint is a classic one. They just seem to go together so well.
This peppermint bark combines not only regular chocolate, but white chocolate. I love regular peppermint bark, but the addition of white chocolate in this makes it even better.
And this is so easy. It does have a few steps, but it is really easy. This would be a great holiday recipe for kids to help with.
Double Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- 22 ounces white chocolate
- 22 ounce semi sweet chocolate
- about 6 ounces of peppermint striped candy or candy canes, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- ¾ teaspoons peppermint extract
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or use a silpat mat.
- Place half of the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir and continue melting at 50% power stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Spread on cookie sheet and sprinkle with half of the crushed candy. Place in the refrigerator to harden. This will take 1-2 hours.
- Place the chocolate and whipping cream together in a bowl and melt in the microwave at 50% power stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Stir in peppermint extract. Spread carefully over the white chocolate peppermint layer. Place in refrigerator until hardened.
- Melt remaining white chocolate. And spread over chocolate layer. Sprinkle the remaining crushed peppermint candy over the top. Place in the refrigerator until firm.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
For more great Christmas ideas please visit the other bloggers joining me on this series.
Christmas Homeschool Fun: 1+1+1=1
Christmas Decorations: Songbird
Tips for a Healthy Holiday: The Thrifty Mama
Saving Money: Surviving the Stores
Travel Tips: Mom’s Travel Tales
Christmas Family Fun: Life as Mom
Homemade Christmas Gifts: The Happy Housewife