I love homemade pudding. It is rich and creamy and so very good. It is also really easy to make.
It would be even better layered in a trifle bowl with my homemade chocolate pudding. YUM! I think I may have to try it that way for the holidays.
If you have never made homemade pudding and are looking for a few tips, I have a whole post and a video I did on how to make homemade pudding.
Homemade White Chocolate Pudding
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Combine the first three ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Gradually whisk in the milk.
- Heat over medium high and bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute or until it starts to thicken.
- At this point the pudding will start to thicken, but will not be quick all the whole thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla, and white chocolate chips.
- Stir until chips have melted.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap over the pudding, pressing the plastic wrap right up against the pudding. This will keep the thick skin from forming.
- You can serve this warm or refrigerate until serving.