If you follow my menu plans each week then you know that we often eat breakfast for dinner. My family loves it and it makes for a quick and easy dinner.
One of our favorite things to make when having breakfast for dinner is eggs. They are an inexpensive ingredient to cook with and they are a staple in most refrigerators. I always have eggs on hand to put together a meal with.
My family thinks that eggs and hot sauce or salsa just go together, so today’s Mexican eggs is a natural fit for us. Eggs, salsa, and sausage make the perfect combination in this dish. And it works for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Easy Mexican Eggs
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 can rotel tomatoes, drained (diced tomatoes with green chilies)
- 12 eggs
- 6 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheese ( I use either cheddar or colby jack)
- Preaheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown sausage and drain off any fat. Add tomatoes to meat and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, milk, and salt together until eggs are mixed up well.
- Pour eggs into a greased 9×13 pan. Bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully sprinkle with tomato meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes more or until eggs are done.
- Let sit 5 minutes before cutting into.
- Serve and enjoy.