I realized recently that I had not yet shared my gluten free banana bread recipe and I could not believe it. This is one of the gluten free recipes that I make all the time. It is a favorite in our house.
It did take me awhile to get the recipe just right though. My family loves banana bread and we were really particular when it came to a gluten free version. We wanted it to taste just like regular banana bread.
I did a lot of tweaking and playing around with gluten free flours, but it was worth it. I now have a gluten free banana bread that my whole family loves and enjoys often.
Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 3/4 potato starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup yogurt ( I prefer to use vanilla yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan and set it aside.
- In a bowl whisk together sorghum flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together mashed bananas, melted butter, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Fold banana mixture into flour mixture until combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until done.
- Let bread cool in the pan about 10 minutes and then remove to wire rack to cool. Cool completely before slicing.