My son loves cinnamon, really anything cinnamon. So, I knew I had to figure out how to adapt a cinnamon muffin recipe that we used to enjoy.
One of my favorite things to do when it comes to gluten free baking is to recreate old favorites to be gluten free. And not only recreate them, but have them turn out as good, if not better, than the original ones.
These are definitely as good as the real thing. In fact, I am not sure that you could tell the difference if they were side by side.
These are perfect for breakfast, snacks, or even dessert.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease well, Set aside.
- In a bowl combine all muffin ingredients together and stir just until well combined.
- Scoop into muffin pan.
- Mix together streusel topping ingredients until it has a crumbly texture. Sprinkle on top of muffin batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until done.