Today is the last day of 10 Days of Gluten Free. I have really enjoyed the 10 Days of Gluten Free Series and I hope you have also.
My final tip for this series is another simple one. It is to ask your child what they miss. I have found that with both gluten free and other food issues, what I miss is often not the same things that my kids miss.
The first year I was gluten free I went about trying to recreate, or find some of my favorite foods, but what I soon realized was that my family missed some totally different things than I missed.
It was not wrong of me to try to find the things that I wanted, but I often overlooked what they wanted. I now try to remember to ask them often if there is something that I can make or buy for them that they miss or would like to recreate.
Many kids have been gluten free from a young age and there is probably nothing that they really miss, because they either have never had it or don’t remember what it tastes like, but even kids that are gluten free from a young age will probably have items that they wish they could have that we overlook.
Now, I know not all things have a gluten free version that can be made or bought, but often times we can find something close that will work.
So ask your kids once in awhile what they would like to eat, it will probably mean a lot to them.
For more great gluten free information and giveaways please visit the other bloggers joining in on the 10 Days of Gluten Free.
Getting Started – Linda @ The Gluten-Free Homemaker
Resources – Wendy @ Celiacs in the House
Traveling – Karen @ Gluten-Free Travel Blog
Eating Out – Heather @ Gluten-Free Cat
Frugal Tips – Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
Cooking – Carrie @ Ginger Lemon Girl
Baking – Jules @ Jules Gluten Free
Lunch Boxes – Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
Shopping – Laura @ Gluten Free PantryI hope you will join us for 10 Days of Gluten Free!
And here are the details for my giveaway. GIVEAWAY OVER EMMA’S COMMENT ON THE PLAGHDOUGH POST WON. Winner chosen by Random.org
I am giving away one $25 Bob’s Red Mill gift card that is good for their online store and one copy of my Cooking 101 For Kids ebook to one reader.
- This giveaway is limited to U.S. residents 18 and older.
- You are allowed one entry per “10 Days of Gluten Free” blog post for a total of 10 entries on this blog.
- Enter by leaving a comment on this post (and other 10 Days of GF posts)
- The giveaway begins May 7, 2012 and ends at 11:59 pm eastern time on May 18, 2012.
- No purchase is necessary. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries. The winner will be randomly chosen and will be contacted by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond. If the winner does not respond, a new winner will be randomly chosen.