I thought I would get one last grilling recipe shared with you all before summer is over.
Have you ever grilled potatoes? If not, you really should give it a try, because the flavor of potatoes when grilled is amazing.
With these grilled twice baked potatoes you bake the potatoes first, and then grill them after they are filled. You may wonder why you should grill them after you already baked them, but that short time on the grill to finish off the twice baked part gives them so much extra flavor.
And cooking on the grill gives the potato skins a nice crispy outside, which my family loves.
If you are grilling out this weekend, this is a great recipe to try because you can make the main part ahead and just do the grilling part at the last minute.
Grilled twice baked potatoes next to a juicy steak or grilled pork chop, YUM! Really I would eat this as a meal all by itself, that is how much I enjoy them.
Have you ever grilled potatoes? I would love to hear how you grill them.
Grilled Twice Baked Potatoes
- 5 potatoes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, that has been softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 5 pieces bacon, cook and diced
- Scrub potatoes and poke several holes in each potato. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. ( Or just bake the potatoes the same way you usually bake them.)
- Let potatoes cool for 30 minutes or so. Cut in half and scoop out the inside of the potato being careful not to scoop all the way to the peel.
- Place the inside part of the potato into a bowl and mash together with cream cheese, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. Stir in bacon.
- Place filling back into potato skins. At this point you can set these in the fridge for several hours or even overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat grill to medium heat and place potatoes on the grill.
- Cook over medium to medium low heat for about 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are heated through and the potato skins are starting to crisp up.