Milkshakes are one of my favorite summertime treats to make at home, especially when using fresh fruit to make them.
I blame my love of fresh fruit milkshakes on Burgerville. Many of you may not know what Burgerville is, but Burgerville is very familiar to those that live in Oregon and Washington.
Burgerville is a fast food type restaurant that is known for serving a lot of locally grown ingredients, like the fruit in their milkshakes and Walla Walla onions for their onion rings and burgers.
My favorite item at Burgerville has always been the fruit milkshakes, but Oregon is a long way to go just for a fruit milkshake. The good news though is that they are easy to make at home.
So for those of you that do not have a Burgerville close by, or that have never had a fruit milkshake, I am going to share with you today how you can make one at home. It is really easy.
Have you ever made fruit milkshakes? If you have not you really need to try one because it is so good!
And are fruit milkshakes a regional thing because I do not see them very often here in Oklahoma, which is too bad because they are so good.
Homemade Peach Milkshake
- 2-3 cup vanilla ice cream, the better the ice cream is the better the milkshake will taste ( I like 3 cups ice cream because I like my milkshakes thick)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup milk, more if you like your shakes thinner
- 2 fresh peaches, that have been peeled and sliced
- In a blender combine all ingredients and blend until smooth and you have the desired consistency. Add more milk if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This makes 2-3 milkshakes depending on how large you serve them.