And it is always so much fun for me to find new ways to incorporate all this fresh food into our menu plan and meals.
These pancakes are one of the new ways I came up with to serve peaches this year and we loved them. They are rich and fluffy and oh so good. Serve them with a few fresh peaches on top and they are even better.
As many of you know several in my family eat gluten free and 95% of what I make for my family is gluten free. This recipe though was a recent exception. I really wanted to make my son and husband a gluten filled treat for breakfast and these pancakes were a perfect treat for them.
However, I did not leave out the gluten free eaters in the family. I made a gluten free version as well and you can find the gluten free version over in my allergy section. Yes, this took some extra planning and clean up work, but it was so worth it for these pancakes.
And I figured that if I was going to go to all the work of making a special treat for my husband and son, I would make a big batch. It worked great to reheat these and they were able to enjoy a special treat for several days. None of ours made it into the freezer, but I am guessing these would freeze really well.
Peaches and Cream Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2-3 fresh peaches peeled and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sour cream and butter and stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in peaches.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle and cook.
- Serve with butter and syrup and enjoy!