I love simple desserts. Yes, I love a piece of chocolate cake, a rich cheesecake, or even a piece of pie once in a while, but I also love the simplicity of a basic dessert that can be put together using just a few everyday ingredients.
This is a recipe I recently made and my whole family loved it. It is a basic old fashioned type custard dessert with blueberries added to it.
This is one of those desserts that I think you could even get by with serving for a special breakfast.
At least my family would love this for a special breakfast. When you add fruit to a dessert it makes it healthy right, so it totally qualifies as breakfast food?!
Baked Blueberry Custard
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- In a blender combine butter, milk, eggs, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Place blueberries onto the bottom of a pie plate or similar size dish.
- Pour batter over top of berries and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the middle is set and slightly browned.
- Serve and enjoy! This tastes best warm, but it is also good leftover, if there are any leftovers.