Did you know that October 26, is National Pumpkin Day?
Yes, they do have a day for almost everything don’t they. There is no way I can keep up with all the food holidays, but I decided that since pumpkin pairs so well with gluten free baking, I had to share one of my new favorite gluten free cookies with you.
This easy gluten free pumpkin cookie is perfect for fall. I loved this cooked because it is a fluffy cake like cookie, which is very nice for a change. I love crispy and chewy, but the cake like texture of these cookies was great.
If you are looking for a fun fall gluten free cookie this one is worth trying.
Easy Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies
- 2 cups rice flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 – 14 ounce can pumpkin, solid packed pumpkin not pie filling
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips, this is my addition not Martha’s but it is really good with the chocolate added. You can leave the chocolate out though if you don’t want it.
- Whisk together rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt , cinnamon, and ginger in a bowl and set aside.
- Place butter and brown sugar in a bowl and mix on medium speed for about 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and mix just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop onto cookie sheets and bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until done.