We don’t need to talk about how many of these mini pepper jack corn muffins I ate last time I made them, okay…… when they are mini, that means you can eat more right?
If you can’t tell, I really enjoyed these. I think I ate more of the muffins, than I did the bowl of chili that I served them with.
Warm from the oven these are so good. The gooey cheese inside mixed with the cornbread part is delicious.
I love the fact that these are mini, not because you can eat more of them, but because they are the perfect for just eating a little bit with a bowl of soup or chili.
They were also the perfect size for just eating one for a quick snack or for lunch. And they are a great size for little kids to easily eat.
Our muffins did not last long for us, but if you have any leftover, or if you make a large batch, these would be perfect for the freezer. These little corn muffins would be delicious added to so many different meals.
Mini Pepper Jack Corn Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- Combine cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk in buttermilk, oil, and eggs and whisk until combined.
- Stir in shredded cheese just until mixed in.
- Grease a mini muffin tin well. Spoon cornbread batter into muffin cups filling cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until mini muffins are done.
- Makes about 24 muffins.