This time of year my family loves hot chocolate. It is perfect for the holidays and for a cold weather drink.
One of the things I love to do is to make homemade hot chocolate. It is a favorite in our house and we love to change things up and try new versions.
- 2 cups Silk soy or coconutmilk
- 3 oz semisweet chocolate finely chopped ( I used semi sweet chocolate chips and it worked fine.)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Dash of cayenne (optional) I left this out
- Chocolate sprinkles for garnish
- In a small saucepan bring Silk to a simmer over medium heat.
- Whisk in chocolate and continue to cook until chocolate is melted and fully incorporated. Remove from heat and whisk in cinnamon, vanilla and cayenne if using.
- Pour into two warm mugs. Top with chocolate sprinkles. Serves 2.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.