After making my gluten free candy cane brownies, I knew I had to come up with some more combinations for candy canes and chocolate. I decided muffins would be the perfect choice.
Now, I will admit that these are more like a dessert, or a special breakfast treat. These are really good, but they are more cake like your everyday muffin would be.
Gluten Free Chocolate Candy Cane Muffins
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes, divided
- In a microwave safe bowl combine butter and chocolate and cook for 30 seconds, stir, and cook 30 seconds more. Do this until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- In a bowl combine the rice flours, cornstarch, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Whisk in buttermilk and egg. Mix until combined.
- Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Stir in 1/4 cups crushed candy canes.
- Scoop batter into paper lined muffin tins and sprinkle with remaining candy canes. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until done.