Oatmeal raisin cookies are one of those cookies that almost everyone knows and loves. And since it was one of those cookies that everyone loves, I knew I had to make it gluten free.
The sorghum in this recipe pairs very nicely with the oatmeal and raisins. The flavors just seem to go together. These cookies also have a lot of raisins in them, I mean it is not an oatmeal raisin cookie without a lot of raisins is it?!
These gluten free cookies are the perfect cookie to keep in the freezer for quick lunch box desserts or after school treats.
Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned gluten free oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- In a bowl combine sorghum flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together butter and sugar until well combined. These mix well by hand.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour/oat mixture and stir until combined. Add raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes or until done. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet and then remove to cooling rack to cool.