I think cupcakes in the freezer are a must for gluten free kids. And really they are a must for anyone that is gluten free.
How many times have you been invited somewhere and needed a safe dessert to take? Cupcakes are perfect for those occasions.
These chocolate cupcakes are so easy to make up a batch for the freezer. Wrap them individually and freeze to take out as needed.
My kids loves these cupcakes. This recipe is based on my gluten free chocolate layer cake and it is super moist and delicious. It is basically the cake, made as cupcakes.
Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup sweet rice flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking soda (yes it is 1 tablespoon)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line muffin tins with liners. This makes about 20 cupcakes.
- In a large bowl mix oil, egg, and vanilla for 1 minute.
- Add sugars and beat 1 minute more.
- Then add melted chocolate and beat well.
- In a separate bowl mix rice flour, cornstarch, sweet rice flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, cocoa, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients alternating with water, beating well after each addition.
- Add sour cream and mix until combined.
- Pour into muffin cups filling about 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 17 minutes or until done.
- Frost with homemade chocolate frosting or the frosting of your choice.