Easy Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts anyone?!
My sister gave me a doughnut pan a few months ago for my birthday and I have been having a lot of fun playing around with different recipes and combinations of doughnuts and toppings.
And now I am wondering why I did not buy myself a doughnut pan years ago. Seriously, homemade baked doughnuts are so good and so fun to make.
The chocolate glazed doughnuts I am sharing today are very easy because you use the shortcut of a cake mix. Yes, a cake mix, but it makes these really good.
Wouldn’t these make a fun weekend treat for your family this weekend! I might just have to make another batch for my family.
If you want the gluten free version that I made, be sure to head over to my allergy section.
Easy Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts
makes about 18 doughnuts
For the doughnuts:
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
For the glaze:
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine cake mix, eggs, butter, and milk. Beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Spread into greased doughnut pans.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire racks.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup and cook until melted. I cook 30 seconds, stir, cook 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until smooth and melted. Add in water to thin out the glaze.
- Dip cooled doughnuts in glaze. The glaze will harden slightly as it sits.
Doughnut recipe adapted from Duncan Hines.