I will start off by saying that today’s crock pot favorites recipe is not the prettiest of crock pot meals, but it was easy and delicious. So many foods just don’t photograph well and if I waited to share only the ones that looked the best, you all would have missed recipes like my mexican pork chops, oven fried pork chops, slow cooked tamale casserole, and others.
That plate really is the plate of food I ate for dinner recently. That is just how it looked minutes before I enjoyed it. Presentation is important, but so is keeping it real. Round steak cooked for hours in the crock pot might taste delicious, but it is not pretty.
When it comes to food though taste is what matters. I don’t care how good something looks, if it tastes bad no one will eat it.
I would love to hear your thoughts on that. Is taste or presentation more important? I know the goal is to have both taste and presentation, but that is not always possible. So what is more important in your family?
And a perfect side dish for this Mexican Round Steak is Easy Mexican Rice.
Slow Cooked Mexican Round Steak
- 2 pounds round steak
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups salsa
- 1- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese for serving
- sour cream, additional salsa, and tortillas for serving
- Trip any excess fat off of the round steak and place in a slow cooker.
- Mix together corn, onion, salsa, and beans and pour over meat.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Cut meat into chunks or shred and serve with tortillas, cheese, and other additional toppings.