It has been awhile since I shared a recipe for my gluten free cookies series, but today I have a delicious gluten free cookie bar for you.
I adapted this from a recipe that I made for years. The original recipe was not gluten free, but with some tweaking and adjusting it was not hard to make them work gluten free.
The best way to describe these are like an oatmeal cookie with a layer of fudge in the middle. So good!
Gluten Free Oatmeal Fudge Bars
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 cups gluten free semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1- can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a bowl combine butter and brown sugar. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- In a bowl combine rice flours, potato starch, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, baking soda, salt and oats. Slowly add to creamed mixture until well combined. Set aside.
- In a pan combine chocolate chips, milk, and butter. Heat over low until chocolate is melted. Set aside.
- Press 2/3 of the oatmeal dough mixture into a 9×13 pan. Spread chocolate filling over dough.
- Carefully sprinkle/drop remaining dough onto chocolate filling. Press dough slightly into filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting.