It has been awhile since I shared a recipe for my homemade favorites series, so when I recently stocked my freezer with homemade frozen pizza I knew exactly what homemade favorite I needed to share with you next.
I don’t remember the last time we had a store bought frozen pizza. Yes, we have had them, but pizza is so easy to make at home that we rarely buy it frozen or otherwise.
What I love about homemade pizza is that I can control the ingredients. I can make it how we like and as healthy or unhealthy as I want to.
We have pizza for dinner about once a week at our house, usually on Friday night, but I also find it to be a fun lunch on the weekends or a quick dinner for a busy night.
I know a lot of people like to freeze their pizza dough and then bake it when they are ready to make pizza. I have never really been one of those people. I just think the dough is different when frozen raw and then cooked, but I love the convenience of having the meal made ahead, so I have come up with something that works better for us.
Homemade Frozen Pizza. You pre-bake the crust, then top it, then freeze it.
It is really easy and better than anything you can buy in the store. And the kids love to help make it.
I find the pizzas are easier to deal with when I make smaller frozen pizzas, so we make them about the size perfect for one person. We make an assembly line for the toppings and we can have a lot of homemade frozen pizzas done in no time.
We made up a bunch of these when we were doing our kitchen remodel and we reheated them in a toaster oven and it worked great. I also love these for nights that I am gone, or out of town, because it makes it easy for the kids to fix dinner.
Really, if your family loves pizza as much as my family does, this homemade version of frozen pizza is a must try. It is easy and delicious!
Do you like to freeze pizza? If so do you freeze the dough or do you make frozen pizzas like I do?
Homemade Frozen Pizza
- pizza dough
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella or other cheese, shredded
- pepperoni, canadian bacon, etc.
Note: the amounts will depend on how many pizzas you want to make
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Press pizza dough onto pizza pan or baking sheets.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. You are prebaking the pizza crust. Let pizza crust cool completely on wire racks.
- Top pizza crust with pizza sauce, cheese, and meat.
- Place on cookie sheets and place in the freezer for several hours or until frozen.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and place in a ziptop freezer bag. I fit about 4 individually wrapped pizzas into each bag.
- Remove from freezer and place on cookie sheet and bake at 425 for 9-12 minutes or until done. You bake these frozen and do not have to defrost them.
Need some pizza crust recipes: