If you are looking for an easy side dish or salad for the 4th of July, or really for anytime, this Blueberry Spinach Salad is so easy and delicious.
We have several blueberry plants in our garden and this year they are doing well. We are picking fresh blueberries everyday and I am really enjoying finding new ways to use them.
We love my Strawberry Spinach Salad so much that when I had so many fresh blueberries, I decided to give it a try with fresh from the garden blueberries.
And we loved it. In fact, several in my family like the blueberry version better than the strawberry version. I mean really doesn’t that look so good!
Over the weekend I decided to mix it up even more to take to a family dinner and used both strawberries and blueberries and it was also very good.
Sorry I did not get a picture of the version where I mixed strawberries and blueberries, but it was very festive and would look really nice served on the 4th of July with the red and blue berries.
Blueberry Spinach Salad
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed and dried well
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a bowl whisk together sugar, oil, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and salt. Place in refrigerator for several hours. This helps the sugar dissolve and the flavors to blend.
- For serving combine the spinach, blueberries, and dressing in a large bowl. Toss to coat well. I like to start with part of the dressing and toss and add more as needed.
- You can also serve the spinach, blueberries, and dressing separate and let everyone serve their own amounts of each.